Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday

Today sucks. I won't elaborate, because that's silly to complain and rant on the internet. I've all ready called my parents; it was nice that they had time to talk, even though Mom was at the hospital and Dad was at the office. They're both usually tied up in meetings and phone calls, so I feel blessed that I caught them in a free moment. They always make me feel better and give me perspective. My editor was also nice and gave me money to buy her some coffee and myself a treat, but I didn't want to take advantage of her generosity, so I just bought myself a cup of coffee too.

I tried praying on the metro this morning to help center my restlessness, but only got through a decade of the rosary because I just could not keep my mind focused, so I turned up my ipod and tried to get through the rest of the train ride. I still held my rosary though, because even though I was having a hard time praying, it was comforting to be surrounded by people and feeling like you're still near Him. I saw a man walk onto the metro this morning with a little Bible. That is the first time I ever saw something like that, and it was really nice. It's one of those signs, in my opinion, that Jesus stands for something. It's like the hypothetical situation of you being in a dark alley and three men are approaching you--wouldn't you be comforted to know they just came from Bible study?

Yesterday, especially by the end of the work day, I was feeling the same way as today, so I went home and watched The Godfather. I think my roommate was a little concerned, but it really is a great movie. I talked to Julia for a bit and we decided to watch The Godfather and Boondock Saints together back at school because she's never seen the first one even though she's Italian, and I told her she must, and that we're going to watch the Irish too after that.

At this point, I just need to keep my mind focused and busy. I wrote out another to-do list for myself, so I think it will be the proper motivation I need to keep going all day. I'm also going to write letters and postcards tonight, and reply to the two wedding invitations I got over the weekend. The letters editor just read me a funny part of a letter he got: ahh, the joys of work.

One of my favorite quotes from The Godfather:
Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Kay: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.
Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment