Monday, June 8, 2009

There was an old man from Nantucket...

Krudy sent me another fun fact: Nantucket means "faraway land" in the language of the original natives, the Wampanoag tribe.

And here's my latest, thanks to my pressed apple juice: Nantucket Memorial Airport is the second-busiest in Massachusetts.

I got invited into the Editorial meeting today, that was intimidatingly awesome. I discussed my special project with the writers and listened to everyone pitch ideas and discuss. I'll be working long hours this week, especially considering I will not be at work on Thursday (I have CN stuff from 9:30-2:15...I could probably go in for a few hours before the CN reception at 6), and I have to call up two more sources and look up more files. Oh baby.

One of the girls I recruited for book reviewing for The Collegian in the fall e-mailed me book possibilities today. I am too busy to deal with it at this moment, but I am loving the enthusiasm. I'll have to e-mail the other girls too soon so that we can get this ball rolling.

Finally, to close, one of my favorite limericks by William Cosmos Monkhouse:

There once was an old man of Lyme
Who married three wives at a time,
When asked, "Why a third?"
He replied, "One's absurd!
And bigamy, sir, is a crime."

No comments:

Post a Comment