Monday, September 21, 2009

Kickin' it off with a stryofoam cup of wake-me-up

Here is my book review that appeared in last week's Collegian: The protest singer: changing the politics of art - Arts I read "The Protest Singer: Pete Seeger, an intimate portrait" by Alec Wilkinson.

Today is typical Michigan weather: rainy and dismal. The Longfellow poem keeps running through my head ("the day is cold and dark and dreary"), but I suppose it is time. Hillsdale has been having the most beeeautiful end of summer weather: warm and balmy, with that nice northern breeze. While talking to my sister Marianne on Sunday, she told me home had "Michigan weather" and then, upon hearing how nice Hillsdale was, accused me of "stealing Cincinnati weather." I plead the Fifth.


I slept from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. and am currently running on many, many cups of coffee. I had my first art history test today and, due to my busy schedule, was not adequately prepared come Sunday. I pulled my first (almost) all-nighter of the school year and studied my notecards. I felt really prepared come this morning at 9 a.m., my only weakness being dates, but even if I miss a few of those, it's only a half point. I definitely got everything else and am feeling quite pleased.

I'm really tired, but one of my favorite tricks to hide that is that I always dress up. I find that if you look good, you feel even better! Coffee helps too, of course. I've got leagues of research ahead of me today, as well as dinner crew and chapter.

Meeting my friend Ben for lunch, so ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment