Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cloudy, with a chance of meatballs

I am starting my new book to review. It is called "The Duty of Delight: The Diaries of Dorothy Day" and is edited by Robert Ellsberg. It is very thick. This is the quote at the beginning, which I like:

"Today I thought of a title for my book, The Duty of Delight, as a sequel to The Long Loneliness. I was thinking how, as one gets older, we are tempted to sadness, knowing life as it is here on earth, the suffering, the Cross. And how we must overcome it daily, growing in love, and the joy which goes with loving." --Dorothy Day, February 24, 1961

Listening to the Aaron Copland station on Pandora; "Rodeo, Selections From The Ballet" is playing. Quite excellent, indeed!

Dad and Meg at work; Mom on errands; Katie visiting friends; Mike trying out for the Bomb Squad at St. X; Marianne rode her bike to the library to get books on Francis Bacon; John is telling me about how he "made the hit of the day!" in football; Heidi is larding/ defending the house with her bark every time she suspects someone is within 50 yards.

I am reading and reviewing, sending out e-mails for various school things I'm involved with, editing Forum articles that come my way and feeling slightly bummed that it's not sunny out, so I shan't be going to the swim club today. Hanging out with Jeff and Scott tonight. This is my last Saturday at home, how bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment