7. At age 23: I was offered my dream job - an editorial writer at a major D.C. newspaper - and I turned it down because I wanted to stay close to Will. Not a very modern attitude, but some things are worth missing in exchange of a better possibility.
8. After finishing a review session with my AP kids on Saturday afternoon though, I think I'm living a very cool, very real dream. I never thought I'd be a teacher. I love it.
9. When I taught my kids about the Korean War, I was able to show them pictures of the country when I took a two week trip to Asia to visit April (May-June 2011). It was my first trip overseas and I adored every day of being there. Here is Geoje Island:
10. Favorite genre: mysteries.
11. I was a wicked good penpal in college - I loved writing friends! Especially if I needed a break from writing papers without losing my mojo, I would write a letter. Since college, I have severely tapered off, but not for lack of want. April, of course, is National Writing Letter Month. Quick! Writing a few tonight!!
12. I prefer listening to books on tape, especially long novels - Anna Karenina, Harry Potter series and All the Kings Men were excellent. Excellent narrators only, please.
13. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene is my favorite book; The Habit of Being by Flannery O'Connor is my favorite collection; "The Four Quartets" is my favorite poem; Introduction to Christianity by Joseph Ratzinger/ Papa B is my favorite apologetics read.
14. Favorite modern lit? The Hunger Games trilogy, hands down. Will asked me to read the first one as his birthday present (to him - so we could see the movie together); I read the first one waiting for my flight to ATL (off to visit Vivian!) and live-texted him the entire time. It was an incredible read, though the second (Catching Fire) is my favorite.
15. I went to Germany with my sister for a week, and it was awesome. (My sisters K&M are flying there now for 10 days!) It was my first trip to Europe.
16. My favorite food is fruit pie (especially cherry, apple and peach).
17. I always thought I wanted lots of sons... but so far, I am not disappointed. I am seriously smitten with these two.
18. I try to keep an open mind to life - I'll try most things once, food included:
Tokyo street vendor cuisine
Tokyo fish market
^^That was a mistake/ Korean specialty.
(And some things are worth repeating!)
19. Fangirl moments:
I've met Justice Clarence Thomas (June 2009):
and Rep. Ron Paul! (February 2009):
Bucket list includes: Justice Scalia, J.K. Rowling, the Holy Fathers (Papa B and/or Papa F - a girl can dream, right?!)
20. Culinary claim-to-fame: I'l fix you the best grilled cheese you've ever tasted.
Anything else y'all want to know? Hey ho!