Friday, December 4, 2009

O Kappa Kristmas Tree

It's a tradition in Kappa for the seniors to decorate the Christmas tree, as well as the surrounding area with garland and twinkle lights. A few of us decorated the downstairs and tree last night, which was a nice study break. The ridiculous amount of work due for classes kept a lot of girls away, sadly, but I think it still looks beautiful! The only sad part is that we couldn't get the angel on the top of the tree... I was the tallest there, but even at 5' 7", I tried and miserably failed at getting near the top of the tree. This may call for some male recruits... or some taller Kappa sisters!

One of my closest friends Vivy and I in front of the beeeeeautiful KKG Christmas tree, practicing for the traditional in-front-of-the-Christmas-tree picture everyone always takes at informal (which is tonight!).
Vivy's boyfriend Will gets competitive with me over time spent with Vivy, so we thought we would tease him by pretending to kiss under the mistletoe.

Hillsdale is frakin' cold, as my friend Hunter would say. No snow (it did come down very briefly yesterday--big, wet, non-sticking snowflakes that provided great excitement for the six kids under the age of 6 I was babysitting for in the afternoon), but the wind is a cruel companion.

Informal tonight--I'm going to go for a run now. Yay! The rest of my day: breakfast for lunch (every Friday!), do laundry (i.e. all my clothes from break lovingly covered with Heidi hair), organize the room, prepare for my Robert Frost presentation on Monday, go to class at 3, go to Dr. Schlueter's Last Lecture at 4 (DPN-sponsored event; it's going to be really good) and then run back to Kappa around 5 and be ready to go before Will arrives at Kappa! Ahh! Good thing I love adrenaline rushes.

Happy Friday! I'm definitely looking froward to my paper-writing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment