Friday, July 3, 2015

Fourth of July for Introverts

"What are you doing for the Fourth of July?"
"Reading the Declaration of Independence!"

How well do you know the Constitution? Take a quick quiz here, compliments of my alma mater.

My dear college friend Anna opened a shop, and I need one of these in my office.


And this one.


Read: The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin (trust me when I say this thriller is patriotic in the best sense - wonderful for children and adults!)

Movies to watch:
History Channel's America: The Story of Us
The Patriot
HBO's John Adams
1776

Fun apps:
US Citizenship 2015 Free (a nice refresher course too!)
Civics 101

Have you ever heard of The Presidency Project?

In the spirit of Independence Day:


Really, indulge in everything red, white and blue. Clothing choices, food choices and decorations, if you are so inclined. Put out the flag and sing out an ode to the men who risked their lives by committing treason in order to [eventually] create a more perfect union for future generations.


We Baldwin ladies are planning on a low key time. Will is working a 30 hour shift in the SICU, so he'll technically get off at noon, and will need to be back at the hospital at 6 a.m. on Sunday for another 30 hour shift, so I am doubting a big interest in staying up for the fireworks this year. Grace likes hamburgers and strawberries, and I think we'll play with the water table and mini pool.



What are your plans, readers? Have a wonderful weekend!

Follow me: Bloglovin // Facebook // Google+ // Instagram // Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment