Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Managing Chaos: 5 Years of Blogging

Okay, you can laugh at me. I'm laughing. The set-up was perfect. Somewhere in my mind, I was convinced I started blogging on April 19, 2009. Convinced. No doubt.

So, I checked the post on April 18, 2014 to discover... wait for it... I missed my five year anniversary of blogging. The one I've been secretly counting down to? Yeah. It passed.

April 5, 2009 is the real date of my blog's inception.

I'm laughing, and it feels good. Not only because I think/hope I've grown so much in attitude, prose and content, but because it's a good reminder that this is my fluffy blog of Julie stuff that sometimes feels serious, but at the end of the day, is still a public record of my thoughts and continued self-growth as a human.

As a five year gift to the blog, I've asked Margaret McCarthy (of m. Studios) to give my lovey an up-do. It's going to look a lot prettier, and, hopefully, grace-filled. Please continue to stay tuned! (And if you haven't liked the new FB page... why wait any longer?)

Lent this year was outstanding. I felt spiritually attacked more than usual, but mostly, I slowly lost my mind. Grace's sleep schedule + stuff to do + ALL MY WRITING OBLIGATIONS + housekeeping = frazzle dazzled Julie.

The writing obligations part, the part in all caps, is really a buzz kill at this point. If my former journalism mentor was dead, he'd be rolling in his grave. Instead, he's writing a book on President Jefferson in Virginia and not reading this blog post, so win-win-win. He really emphasized deadline, something, frankly, I hate. But fortunately/unfortunately for me, I have a lot of non-deadlines looming: get it to me when you can.

So, I'm throwing in the pride towel: you got it, Jesus. Take me, I'm yours. This writing? For you. This blog? I hope it glorifies you in its teensy, Seinfeldian way.


Thank you for all the comments, e-mails and readership. You all mean so much to me! I have laughed and smiled and felt truly touched by so many of you. Your encouragement is invaluable!

Please tell me: what topics do you enjoy hearing about? Any topics you are interested in reading from my view?

Wow. Five years. If you need me, I'm writing a new to-do list and enjoying our family visiting!

{I am being interviewed by Shaun McAfee tonight - 7 pm CST if you want to tune in!}

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, congrats on this milestone! I'm privileged to be a part of your blogging family. Your posts amaze, delight and encourage me. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like to hear your thoughts and view on marriage and parenting, as well as dating and relationships. :-)

    ReplyDelete