Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Because I am not a Schlarb

My sister Katie wrote a beautiful post for The Bright Maidens #LiveLent series:
They say forgiveness is a tool used not for the benefit of those who have wronged you, but by the forgiver as part of the healing process. Bitterness and anger tear at a person’s soul until there is nothing left; hatred eats away at all that was once good in you. This is not how life is meant to be.  
And so, the million dollar question: what to give up? Because if you give up nothing, you are obviously a schlarb. Giving up candy and sweets was all well and good in grade school, but does giving those up make you or I the person God intended?  
No, not really.

Read more here.

My sister and I in Berlin! 
Want to submit you own? There's still time! Post it on the Bright Maidens' FB page!

No comments:

Post a Comment