Thursday, April 21, 2011

How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes

"Batter my heart, three person'd God; for, you" by John Donne

Batter my heart, three person'd God; for, you
As yet but knocke, breathe, shine, and seeke to mend;
That I may rise, and stand, o'erthrow mee,'and bend
Your force, to breake, blowe, burn and make me new.
I, like an usurpt towne, to'another due,
Labour to'admit you, but Oh, to no end,
Reason your viceroy in mee, mee should defend,
But is captiv'd, and proves weake or untrue.
Yet dearely'I love you,'and would be loved faine,
But am betroth'd unto your enemie:
Divorce mee,'untie, or breake that knot againe;
Take mee to you, imprison mee, for I
Except you'enthrall mee, never shall be free,
Nor ever chast, except you ravish mee.

What I've been listening to you...


Mumford & Sons - The Banjolin Song / Awake my soul - A Take Away Show #105 from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

Also:
To read - "Was There a Passover Lamb at the Last Supper?" at The Sacred Page
To listen - "The Fourth Cup" by Dr. Scott Hahn

Have a blessed Holy Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. If I was on a desert island and I could only take 3 books, one would be the Bible, another would be the Jane Austen anthology, and the other would be a John Donne anthology. I'd be set for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More enrichment! First, T.S. Eliot, now John Donne! I'll say this: Since I stumbled on to TBM, you three have definitely opened me to great poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that video. Mumford and Sons are just so good.
    How did you read my mind as I was reciting that poem to myself today? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to see someone else in the Catholic world who likes take away shows. I hope to do something similar (God willing) in the future...

    Which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed a sanity break at work today, so I decided to explore your blog again...and you title your most recent post with Mumford & Sons lyrics. Julie, why did we not hang out more in the 'Dale?!

    ReplyDelete