Wednesday, October 29, 2014

#5Faves: Fall Edition

My MIL and SIL Ellen left this morning. It was such a lovely four+ days of company; they are heading back to the warmer Midwest, which still appreciates Fall. Fall is lovely here in PA, but getting a bit too cold... already. So here's how I am remedying the situation:

{one}
Laura Ashley flannel sheets



I bought ours at Amazon, but plenty more companies sell them, and they are dreeeeeeamy. Soft, warm, delicious. The cotton keeps the bed from getting too hot, and the fabric is soft and welcoming. It's not just my over tiredness of pregnancy ... am I sleeping better in them?! The design is whimsical, natural and lovely. My husband likes them too!

{two}
eos lip balm



My lips are getting chapped and where do I turn to? eos. My aforementioned SIL introduced me to this brand and I love it: the shape, the smell, the smoothness of application... and the seriously cute Pokeball-like packaging. Gotta use 'em all! [Widely available in all drugstores.]

{three}
Lasko ceramic space heater fireplace


This is on my wish-wish list. I've been casually dropping hints to Will about fitting it into next month's budget, but the fool is on night shift and paying me no heed. We need to close up our fireplace (soon) and I think this would be an excellent addition to our front room: another space heater in the house, and one that looks like fire. Baby friendly too? Space efficient? Seasonal? I am creating a list.

{four}
Hanna Andersson pajamas

(A)
 (B)


Also on the wish list are new Hanna pajamas. Half of me knows long johns are the way to go, the other half longs for a lovely set I can continue wearing when bebe deux comes. Maybe both? I have a feeling it is going to be a long winter.

{five}
Minnetonka moccasins



I ordered a (new) pair for me and a wee pair for Grace... and I need to send them back to get one size smaller in each - funny how that works! - but there is nothing more delightful than having warm feet during the colder months. Indulge.

**

What do you all love/ want/ need for Fall? I must say... I am definitely missing New Orleans this time of year!


5 comments:

  1. Julie, these 5 favorites are so great! I'd been wondering about that lip balm - glad to know you're a fan. The sheets are beautiful, and who doesn't love Hanna Andersson? Haven't worn any of that brand since I was a kid, though perhaps I should remedy that... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm currently enjoying the mint and eying the pomegranate. Grace has Hanna clothes and jammies, and just feeling the fabric makes me envious! So soft!

      Delete
  2. I love everything from Hanna Andersson. I have devious plans to splurge on a new wardrobe after baby #2 comes. Won't happen but I can dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes. I know that feeling. Like how I used massive self-control not to buy the holiday section at Target. Don't even look. So beautiful!!

      Delete
  3. I picked up an eos on a whim a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT. It's so cute and smells/tastes so good. I wish it "soaked" in for longer because I am always re-applying... or maybe it's just because it's so fun to use ;)

    Also, those long-johns are SO CUTE. Please get them. And a matching pair for Gracie.

    ReplyDelete