Monday, December 10, 2012

The Second Best Compliment I've Received

After four Irish men asking if I was Irish too because of my "beautiful Irish complexion", this comment (on this post) may be my second favorite compliment:
"My goodness ... an imaginative, contemplative, even daring, conservative thinker! I thought Rush Limbaugh had rounded up all you guys & had you shot & buried in a mass grave somewhere in the countryside. Maybe someday the conservative movement can look at itself in the mirror again without shame, thanks to thoughts like yours. I'm not saying I *agree* with everything you wrote, but the quality of thought is so high ... it takes me back to the '60s & '70s, when some conservatives were actually smart, & proud to be so."
Not shot and dead in a mass grave, folks -- just preparing for the wedding! 11 days!

1 comment:

  1. I happen to agree with *both* compliments! :-). Blessings to you and B as you serve God in your married vocation. Pray. Together. Everyday. Especially when inconvenient.

    twitterdad

    ReplyDelete