Thursday, June 17, 2010

LIVE from the Batcave

"Poem" by Frank O'Hara

Lana Turner has collapsed!
I was trotting along and suddenly
it started raining and snowing
and you said it was hailing
but hailing hits you on the head
hard so it was really snowing and
raining and I was in such a hurry
to meet you but the traffic
was acting exactly like the sky
and suddenly I see a headline
LANA TURNER HAS COLLAPSED!
there is no snow in Hollywood
there is no rain in California
I have been to lots of parties
and acted perfectly disgraceful
but I never actually collapsed
oh Lana Turner we love you get up

This has certainly been a week in the Batcave! (That's what Laura and I call our little office where we do most of our work; one word, not two.) Next week we have four interviews with three reps and a senator and the other half of our office will return from vacation.

This past week I caught a firefly, finished a book, felt the rain, watched the lightning, mailed two letters, had dinner with college friends and talked to Bear. Tonight I am going to Shakespeare in the Park with Laura (fellow reporter), her roommate Emily (who works at Kappa; she took my big's job) and a few other Kappas who work at Headquarters. Tomorrow I drive to Hillsdale to see the Siegels, so I am already grinning like a fool. The wedding on Saturday should be great too; lots of good people from college will be there.

Another vibrant day of
reporting in my little corner office! President Obama is supposed to be in Columbus tomorrow, so we'll see if I can finagle my way close for a picture or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment